Stand at attention! We developers have strategically planned for an attack on our developer backlog, and we have received dispatches that there is community-run mapping competition offering a prizepool for the best maps!
The large update will be released on FRIDAY 6/9/19 at 3pmEST/7pmGMT. This update includes map changes, so it is important that servers update at that time so that players will still be able to connect. This update will include:
- On bg_townguard, the swivel gun will be moved to the opposite side of the town square, and an ammobox dropped at its former location.
- On sg_fall, the British capture of the Inner Yard will trigger the destruction of a fortifying wall; the ladder leading to the Inner Yard will be easier to traverse.
- On bg_maricopa, a surprise will be waiting on the second floor of the house!
- On sg_siege, all annoying physics barrels will have been removed; the tunnel will be wider and easier to traverse (no more crouch jumping over the low barricade).
- On official maps only, the swivel gun rapid-fire bug will be fixed.
- With friendly fire off, grenades will no longer be able to kill teammates, but will still be able to injure them (i.e. an attack will always leave at least 1HP). This is an attempt to balance the need to fix teamkill trolling and the discouragement of throwing grenades in unrealistic locations. Grenades will still kill the thrower.
- Considering a history of consensus that the Jaegar class is better than the Frontiersman class, the tough, frontier-hardened Frontiersman will now receive less damage from low-damage attacks, just like the Grenadier classes.
- The Frontiersman’s knife’s animations will be sped up to feel more natural.
- The “mute” command’s toggling functionality will be switched to a “mute” and “unmute” functionality.
- A “solo” command will be added such that all but the admin invoking it will effectively muted. This will allow server admins to make announcements over voice without interruptions from players.
- The crosshair mechanics will be changed such that the crosshair will persist for a short time after using ironsights, revealing the ironsights accuracy of all weapons and making it easier to track targets while using ironsights.
- With dynamic crosshairs only, when the player performs a melee attack an enlarged dot will appear for a short time to indicate when the melee system is scanning for hits. This will make the melee system slightly more intuitive.
- The “Wells Fargo” logo on ammoboxes will be replaced with an East India Trading Company logo and a clearer label as an ammobox.
The update may possibly include these changes:
- An admin menu which eases the work admins do on servers;
- A vote menu to allow players to effectively run servers on their own.
A former BG developer has organized a mapping competition! Who can make the best map for BG3? The current prizepool is €250, and some of that may be yours! The deadline is October 31st, so there’s plenty of time!
For more information, visit this page.
This competition was not organized by The Battle Grounds Game Development Team, and its organizer does not represent The Battle Grounds Game Development Team.
We hope that you’ve enjoyed this news, and we look forward to playing with you next weekend!
“When the sword is once drawn, the passions of men observe no bounds of moderation.”
— Alexander Hamilton