Attention, soldiers! We’re posting this bulletin to keep you all up-to-date on the latest going-abouts! From weekly linebattles, new features and fixes, and future development ideas, our line of battle still presses on. At the end of this post you can find a link to an opinion survey of ours.
Linebattles Every Wednesday hosted by 3D
On every Wednesday, at 8:30pm EST/ 12:30am UTC (i.e. early Thursday morning for EU players), the 3D clan is hosting a public linebattle. Maps vary from game to game, and they play custom ones too! Eventually we’ll try to get weekly EU linebattle running too, probably on the weekends. Stay tuned for more info on that! Below is a screenshot from our last linebattle.
Over the past few months there have been a series of small updates and fixes summarized here:
- Added an ‘asay‘ command for admins to text-chat directly with other admins.
- Changes from Bg_Canal_Test (as included in the previous large update) have been merged into Bg_Canal proper. These changes make it much more difficult to spawncamp on the map.
- More fixes to rare bugs with the election/voting menu.
- Fixed an out-of-bounds exploit on Bg_Blackswamp
- Fixed bot AI bug where bots sometimes targeted friendly players when they weren’t supposed to.
- Removed watermelons!
We have two new features undergoing development right now. The first is an authentic set of French-language voices from 66th member TheSoul, for the French Officer variant of the American Officer. Viv la France! The second (initially developed by Ricochet), pictured in a WIP image below, are on-screen icons for flags that should help new players understand where their objectives are (of course, experienced players will be able to turn these off.)
After those two features, further updates will be focused on quality-of-life changes to make the game easier to play and understand for new players. Among many other ideas, an example would be a hint-system which walks players through their first time using the team menu and class menu.
For those interested, we also have an opinion survey on what grand direction future BG3 development should take—continuing on the source engine, or migrating to Unreal Engine 5?
Stay tuned for more—until then, we’ll see you on the battlefield!