Attention, soldiers! The previously announced update has just been released. Both servers and players have to update in order to keep playing with each other.
Stand at attention! We developers have strategically planned for an attack on our developer backlog, and we have received dispatches that there is community-run mapping competition offering a prizepool for the best maps!
Soldiers! After an unplanned development hiatus, we’re marching to the drums again with this smaller update. We already have other updates completed an in the works; this update is only a small skirmish in our campaign for final victory.
Attention soldiers! As announced yesterday, many maps have been updated, and it’s important that both players and servers get the update! Players need only restart their games, while servers need to update via the
app_update 1057700 command in the steamcmd console.
The official servers in New York, France, and Germany are already up-to-date.
Troops! We have secret plans to release a huge package of map updates on Sunday, July 14th, at 3pm EST / 7pm GMT. It is important that servers and players update at the same time, or else players won’t be able to play! The official servers will be updated at this time, so players will always be able to play there.
Also on this day, Saturday 13/7/19, we rolled out a new patch which addresses several issues:
Stand at attention! Today we released a small, mostly server-side update which adds a few useful commands and fixes a small number of bugs.
Attention, troops! On Wednesday we will be revisiting some of our battlefields to fix bugs we have discovered. The update will be available at 4:00pm EST/8:00pm GMT — all official servers will be restarted and updated at that time, and we encourage community servers to do the same! All players playing at that time should also restart their games.
Here is a changelog for the maps in this update:
- reduced number of barrels in the main barricade from 2 to 1, and moved the 1 barrel to start in a location where it will be easier for the British to roll it out of the way.
- widened doorway into house
- moved several American spawns from the cannon area to on top of the house.
- reworked boost area to make it more easily navigable.
- removed one of the barrels in the tunnel to make it easier to jump over the tripwire trap.
- removed extraneous/distracting foliage in the fort interior.
- fixed “Trench” reading across top of screen.
- reduced number of physics barrels inside the house from 4 to 2.
- added more British spawns, to support up to 40 players on the British team.
- added more planks for the Americans to use to cross the main barricade, and to eliminate the chance of players getting stuck there unintentionally.
- made it easier for grenadiers to jump over the tripwire trap.
- reduced the number of breakable planks in the main barricade.
- as most of these changes favor the British, the number of British tickets has been reduced from 35 to 33.
- fixed players spawning under the map
We are also working on upgrades to the moderation tools that will make it easier for average players and admins to moderate servers and run events. These upgrades will be rolled out during the upcoming weekend, exact time TBD.
Have fun and make sure that you report any bugs to our website or our Steam community pages! If you report any map bugs in time, they may be fixed by tomorrow’s update.
“Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.” – Thomas Paine
We stand with you, soldiers! We fought well at the start of this battle, and we as commanders have taken your feedback to heart by rolling out two hotfixes since release! The first hotfix, made live yesterday, fixed a persistent lag issue that effected all servers. If you played within the first 3 hours of release (before 6pm EST/10pm GMT), know that the jitter has been fixed and that melee is now much more fluid. This hotfix has been put on all of the official servers, but community servers may still need to update! The second hotfix, made live today, adds a “Mute Players” button to the in-game main menu, allowing each player to locally mute other players. This if useful for muting players who are loud or play music.
We commanders in the development team are all volunteers with full time jobs, and yet we will be looking to fix even more issues over the next few days. It is our honor to serve with you.
“I have not yet begun to fight!” — John Paul Jones
So soldier, you want to go out exploring on your adventures? First, listen here to your commander and get a few tips on how to set up your own server in this Quick-Start Guide.